In early April Prince announced his “21 Nite Stand“ LA concert series at The Forum in Inglewood, CA. I recently went and it was #incredible!
The 53 year-old singer, songwriter, musician and actor rocked like it was 1999. This man worked the stage like no other in his platform shoes, slinky bellbottoms and disco fabric tops. His jacket in the first # was HOT! Christina Milian was in the audience and she came up to dance with Prince during his first set. Another night Gwen Stefani performed with him, and I even heard Marc Anthony was planning a guest appearance.
Prince performed hits like “Purple Rain” (video below!) and “Little Red Corvette” and ended the evening with four encores. FOUR! The crowd went wild for him, so how could he not satisfy? Plus, I hear it is common in a Prince concert for him to do even 5 or 6 encores! The best part was that I got $200 tickets for only $25. This is a #secret I’m sharing with only my readers so shhhhhh… the night of the show promoters release tickets of guests that didn’t show up, so keep this in mind when you go to the ticket window. Those tickets end up being the best seats in the house for the best deal. You’re taking a chance, but MAN! It’s worth it!!
One of his classics, “Purple Rain”:
Prince plays “Kiss” to awesome lighting:
Prince plays the guitar while confetti falls:
In honor of the musical genius, some facts:
- Prince’s full name is Prince Rogers Nelson. His jazz musician father, John Nelson, named him after his group the Prince Rogers Trio.
- Prince’s career began in the late ’70s. He released his first album For You in 1978.
- His single, “1999″ was released in 1982 and was huge with the MTV audience. Other hits such as “When Doves Cry,” “Kiss” and “Let’s Go Crazy” reached the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 list. By the mid-’80s his career had bloomed.
- Prince has been nominated for countless awards and has won many.
- He’s produced songs for Sheena Easton, The Bangles, and Chaka Khan.
Top: Prince’s Purple Rain days in the mid-’80s; Prince performs w/ Beyonce at the 2004 Grammys; Prince performs at the 2007 Super Bowl in Miami.
And it’s no secret that he’s musically talented; he plays the guitar (so sexy on it!!), bass guitar (amazing player!!), piano, keyboards, synthesizer, drums, percussion, saxophone and harmonica. Every night at the Forum, he plays a different set, so you never know what you’re going to get. When I went he was mainly on his bass and guitar. He’s Prince, he can do whatever he wants!!
With his ongoing success there’s no stopping him. I can’t wait to see what Prince comes up with next!